Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector (Connector) for inRiver PIM to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out inRiver PIM entities for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in your inRiver PIM instance. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive assets from your inRiver PIM instance, because it describes your company's translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of inRiver PIM.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your inRiver PIM instance.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send assets to your translation providers.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector's configuration for your inRiver PIM instance, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company's configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of inRiver PIM.
- You are familiar with your company's translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into inRiver PIM.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company's Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company's inRiver PIM administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for inRiver PIM||A brief description of the Clay Tablet for inRiver PIM solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Clay Tablet Technologies Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Connector for inRiver PIM||How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.|
|Adding Entities to the Translation Queue||How to collect entities for translation and send them to the Translation Queue.|
|Sending a Project For Translation from the Translation Queue||How to add collected assets to new or existing translation jobs.|
|Viewing Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of assets and jobs that you sent out for translation.|
|Importing Translated Content into inRiver PIM||How to perform post-translation tasks, including importing entities back into inRiver PIM.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for inRiver PIM
This guide uses the following conventions:
Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.
Highlights input, file names, and paths.
Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.
Indicates a menu choice. For example, "Select Edit> Select All."