If you have a content item that is attached to a template that does not include a translation workflow, you can still prepare to send it out for translation individually. To do so, you assign a translation workflow to the content item.
Note: You can assign a translation workflow to a content item only if you can assign a workflow to that content item. This means that the content item must inherit the workflow data item from its data template. For more information, refer to the Sitecore Data Definition Reference. This guide is available in the documentation section of the Sitecore Developer Network (SDN) site, at http://sdn.sitecore.net/Reference.aspx. You must log in to this site to access the documentation.
To attach a translation workflow to an existing content item:
- In the Sitecore Content Editor, navigate to the content item to which you want to attach a translation workflow and select it.
- In the Sitecore Content Editor ribbon, click the Review tab.
- In the Workflow section, click Edit.
Tip: If the Workflow section is not visible, then in the Sitecore Content Editor ribbon, click the View tab and select the Standard Fields check box.
- In the Content tab, scroll down to the Workflow section.
- If necessary, click the Expand button to expand the Workflow section.
- In the Workflow field, click the arrow to select Lionbridge Sample Workflow or another translation workflow.
- Optional. In the State field, click the arrow to select the workflow state.
- In the Review tab on the Sitecore Content Editor ribbon, in the Workflow section, click Check In.