In the Translation Settings section of the System Configuration page, you configure the following settings:
- the maximum number of items in a translation file
- how frequently to download and import translations
- whether you can receive revisions of translated content
Configuring the maximum number of items in a job
An item is an asset that is being translated into a specific target language.
For example, if you are translating 100 assets from one source language into three target languages, then there are 300 items. If you use the default value of 100, then only the first 100 items will be included in the job.
By default, the maximum number of items that the Connector sends out for translation in a single translation file is 100. You can change this number in the Maximum number of items per translation file setting to 150, 200, or 250.
Configuring how frequently to download and import translations
The ctPerformable CronJob automatically downloads and imports translations from the Clay Tablet Platform into Hybris. By default, this CronJob runs once every minute.
This CronJob consumes resources such as memory space, network bandwidth, and database connections. Therefore, by design, the CronJob is active only when required, which is when the Connector submits a translation job and expects translated content to return from the Clay Tablet Platform. When the CronJob is active, it polls the Clay Tablet Platform to update the job status and retrieve any translated content.
At the start of each interval, the CronJob checks whether it is required to remain active. If it is not required, it de-activates internally. It automatically re-activates when there is a job to retrieve.
You can change this interval in the Cron Job Interval (Minutes) setting so that the CronJob runs every 5 or 10 minutes.
Note: If the Clay Tablet Platform is waiting for a message about translated content for a submitted job, and a network outage prevents this message from being delivered, the CronJob keeps polling the Clay Tablet Platform until the job is manually stopped.
Tip: You can temporarily prevent this job from running and consuming resources, for example, if you are not currently sending out content items for translation. For detailed instructions, refer to the appropriate version of the Hybris documentation at https://wiki.hybris.com.
To change one or both of these settings:
- Open the System Configuration page. For detailed instructions, see Configuring the Lionbridge Connector.
- Locate the Translation Settings section of the System Configuration page.
Tip: Depending on your screen size and resolution, you may need to scroll down to view this section.
- In the Maximum number of items per translation file list, select one of the following numbers: 100, 150, 200, or 250.
- In the Cron Job Interval (Minutes) list, select one of the following intervals, in minutes: 1, 5, or 10.
- Optional. If you want to enable receiving revisions of translated content, select the Enable multiple deliveries check box.
- Click Save Translation Settings.
Note: Saving these settings creates and registers the ctPerformable CronJob with the interval you specified.