When you submit content for translation, you can either schedule it in advance or submit it immediately. All content that you submit for translation, is submitted as a submission set.
- If you schedule content for translation in advance, the documents must be in a previously created submission set, which is a grouping of multiple documents with the same metadata. For more information about submission sets, see Planning Your Translations with Submission Sets.. For instructions on creating a submission set, see Creating a Submission Set. For instructions on scheduling a previously created submission set, see Scheduling a Submission Set for Translation.
- There are multiple ways to immediately submit content for translation.
- If you already created a submission set, you can submit it immediately for translation. For detailed instructions, see Immediately Submitting a Submission Set for Translation.
- You can submit a single document for translation. This automatically creates a submission set. For detailed instructions, see Immediately Submitting One Document for Translation.
- You can submit multiple documents for translation. This automatically creates a submission set.
- For detailed instructions on submitting multiple documents to Lionbridge Freeway, see Immediately Submitting Multiple Documents to Freeway for Translation.
- For detailed instructions on submitting multiple documents to an FTP or an SFTP server, see Immediately Submitting Multiple Documents to an FTP or SFTP Server for Translation.
Note for submissions to Lionbridge Freeway: You can cancel a submission set after submission by clicking the Cancel Project button in the top-right corner of the Lionbridge Submission Set Layout. This button is available after submission and before the submission set is in In Translation status. For a list and description of translation statuses, see Translation Statuses.
Note for submissions to an FTP or SFTP server: If an unexpected error occurs while submitting a submission set to an FTP or SFTP server, you can resubmit the documents that were not submitted properly. For detailed instructions, see Resubmitting a Submission Set to an FTP or SFTP Server.