Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use Lionbridge for Relativity (App) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out documents for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving documents for translation that reside in Relativity.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already uses Relativity and has installed the App to a Relativity workspace.
- Your company already has a Lionbridge Freeway account, at https://freeway.lionbridge.com.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Lionbridge App's configuration for Relativity, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company's configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Relativity.
- You are familiar with your company's translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Relativity.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company's Relativity and Lionbridge App setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company's Relativity administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to Lionbridge for Relativity||A brief description of the Lionbridge solution for Relativity and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connectors Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with Lionbridge for Relativity||How to get started and an overview of the App interface.|
|Planning Your Translations with Submission Sets||How to efficiently plan your translations by creating submission sets.|
|Submitting Content for Translation||How to submit content for translation to Lionbridge Freeway and to SFTP and FTP servers.|
|Monitoring Translation Status and Viewing Translation History||How to monitor the translation status of documents and submission sets that you submitted for translation.|
How to perform other translation tasks, such as:
How to find out more about Lionbridge for Relativity
- For information on installing and configuring Lionbridge for Relativity, read the Lionbridge for Relativity Installation and Configuration Guide.
- For information on retrieving documents for translation from the Lionbridge App on an FTP or SFTP server, and returning translated content to the App, read the Lionbridge for Relativity Translator Guide for FTP/SFTP Users.
This guide uses the following conventions:
Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.
Highlights input, file names, and paths.
Highlights terms to emphasize, variables, or document titles.