Optional. You can create one or more sets of processing settings. This enables users to select a set of processing settings when submitting content for translation. Using processing settings has the following advantages:
- Users can view all translations, in supported document types, within the translation viewer after the App returns them to Relativity. Otherwise, you can view only .PDF and .TXT files.
- Users can access their translated documents in the Documents tab. Otherwise users can access only source documents in this location.
Relativity supports specific file types for this feature. For a detailed list of supported file types, refer to the appropriate version of the Relativity documentation, at: https://help.relativity.com/9.7/Content/Relativity/Processing/Supported_file_types_for_processing.htm#Supported_file_types.
Each processing setting includes the following information:
- A processing profile, which is a collection of the following settings:
- default OCR (Optical Character Recognition) languages
- auto-publishing setting
- folder structure of translated files
Note: Before configuring processing settings, create one or more processing profiles. For detailed instructions, see Creating Processing Profiles.
- A destination folder, which is the folder in the Relativity workspace where the translated documents will be processed.
- The time zone of the processing engine, which determines how Relativity converts all metadata date/time fields of the translated files.
Configuring process settings has the following advantages:
- It enable users to view translations of all document types in the Documents tab. Otherwise, only .PDF and .TXT files are viewable in the Documents tab.
- It enable users to access translated documents in the Documents tab. Otherwise, only source documents are accessible in the Documents tab.
Configuring this feature requires the following main steps:
- Ensuring that Relativity's Processing application is installed in the workspace where the App is installed. For detailed instructions, refer to the appropriate version of the Relativity documentation, here: https://help.relativity.com/9.7/Content/Relativity/Processing/Installing_and_configuring_processing.htm.
- Configuring the Workspace for Processing Settings.
- Creating Processing Profiles.
- Creating Processing Settings.
For a detailed description of how this feature works, see How the Processing Settings Feature Affects the Relativity Environment.