A translation project has two basic components:
- the project settings
- the collection of the assets to translate
You create or edit translation project from the Lionbridge Connector gadget.
To create a translation project:
- In Episerver CMS, click Edit.
- Click the Toggle assets pane icon.
The Assets pane is displayed on the right. The Lionbridge Connector gadget is displayed at the bottom of the pane, displaying all the translation projects.
- Do one of the following:
- To create a new project, click the plus icon at the bottom-left corner of the gadget.
- To edit an existing translation project, click a project in the list to select it.
Note: You can edit an existing project only if it is in Draft status. You cannot edit a project after it has been submitted for translation.
- In the Name field, you can enter or update the name of your translation project. This will also be the Freeway title of your project.
- In the Content tab, specify the following settings for your translation project:
|Project Configuration||Optional. In the dropdown list, select a workflow configuration for this project. There may be multiple workflow configurations for your translation provider that are configured by the Lionbridge Connector Team. For example, there may be one workflow for human translation and another configuration for machine translation.|
|Invoice information||Optional. You can enter the project's invoice number in this field.|
|Instructions||Optional. You can enter instructions for the translators in this field.|
Optional. May not be displayed. The Freeway analysis codes for the translation.
You specify the analysis codes that are relevant to your assets. Your Lionbridge setup determines which analysis codes are available for you to specify, and the values available for selection for each analysis code. For example, the Region, Department, and Priority analysis codes may be available for you to specify.
|Source Language||Select the source language of the assets in the project.|
|Translate to||Select the check boxes for the target languages for the assets in the project. These are the languages into which the assets will be translated.|
The requested delivery date. Either:
If you want to mark the pages for SEO workflow processing, so that Lionbridge Freeway will translate terms for SEO. select the check box. When this check box is selected, the Connector includes the URLSegment property (name in URL) in pages it sends for translations.
Note: Episerver runs some validations on this property when it is edited in the Episerver GUI. These validations ensure that there are no characters that are invalid for URL names, and that the name is unique among sibling pages. For example, if you have a folder with the /cars/ URL, it cannot contain two pages with the same URL name, such as
- To select the assets to translate, near the top-left corner of the workspace, under Pages to translate, and click Select Content.
The Available pages pane on the left side displays a tree structure.
- At the top of this pane, click the Pages or the Blocks tab to display the corresponding asset in the tree.
- Expand the tree structure and select the check boxes of the assets to add to the translation project.
- Optional. Mouseover the page to display the +All and -All buttons. Click these buttons to add or remove all child pages or blocks from the translation project.
- To remove a page or block from your selection, click the corresponding Remove button. This button is displayed after a page or block is selected.
- Optional. In the Pages tab, to automatically include all blocks associated with the selected pages in your translation project, select the Include blocks check box.
- Optional. To view which pages have not yet been translated, select the desired target language in the Filter on missing translation dropdown list. The tree updates to display any pages that have not yet been translated into that language in Italic font. Pages that have already been translated into that target language are displayed in regular font.
- Click Save to save your changes.
The System workspace reopens. The Connector automatically saves the translation project in Draft status. To undo the auto-save, click the Undo link in the top-center of the workspace.
Now you are ready to send your translation project to Lionbridge Freeway for translation. For detailed instructions, see Sending a Project for Translation.