After translated content returns from the translation provider to Adobe Experience Manager, you can review the translation and update it. You can then send these updates to the translation memory, so that they will be available to the translation provider for subsequent translations.
If you are using the Adobe Experience Manager Classic UI, you can update translated content and send these changes to the translation memory using Sidekick.
Tips: If you update translated content in multiple pages of a translation job, you can send all the updates to the translation memory in a single action using the Update TM button in the Status tab of the Translation Status page. For details, see Updating a Translation Memory for Multiple Pages. In Adobe Experience Manager version 6.3 and higher, you can update translated content and send these changes to the translation memory from the Touch-Optimized UI. For details, see Updating a Translation Memory for a Single Page from the Touch-Optimized UI (Adobe Experience Manager version 6.3 and higher only).
To update the translation memory for a single page from the Sidekick:
- In Adobe Experience Manager, click the open icon to open a translated page with Sidekick, which is a floating toolbar.
- Update the translated content.
- Reload the page in your browser window.
- In Sidekick, click the Page tab .
- In the Page tab, scroll down and click the Update Remote TM option.
Note: This option is available only from a source language page, and only when the Use Local TM check box is not selected on the Configuration page. This option is described in detail in the Lionbridge Connector for Adobe Experience Manager Installation and Configuration Guide.
The following information about the translation is displayed in read-only fields at the top of the dialog box:
|Translation Job||The name of the translation job in which this page was sent out for translation.|
|Translation||The language code of the source language that was translated, followed by an arrow, followed by the language code of the target language of the translation, for example: en ==> it_it. This indicates that the page was translated from English to Italian.|
|Total Updates||The number of times that this content has been updated.|
- Optional. In the Comments field, you can add a comment for your translator about why you are updating the translation of this page.
The large text box below these fields displays the content:
- The source-language content is displayed on top, with no background.
- The translated content is displayed on a yellow background.
- Your changes to the translated content are displayed on a green background.
- Click Submit.
A message box opens, confirming that the content has been sent to the translation memory.
- Click OK to close the message box and the dialog box.