This section describes how to install the Connector for Adobe Experience Manager in a clustered environment.
To install the Connector in a clustered environment, you install it on a single instance in the cluster. This installation is the same as installing the Connector in a non-clustered environment, as described in Installing the Lionbridge Connector.
After you install the Connector package on a single node in the cluster, it is automatically installed on the other nodes in the cluster, using the same configuration.
You can access each node in the cluster separately by its URL, using the Adobe Experience Manager Dispatcher. For detailed instructions, see https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dispatcher.html.
Before you begin to install the Connector in a clustered environment, please review the system requirements, described on System Requirements, and verify that each host that will be a cluster node in the cluster meets the requirements.
To install the Connector in a clustered environment:
- Prevent users from deliberately or accidentally sending items for translation during the upgrade process.
Recommendation: Remove users from groups with permission to send new translation jobs.
- Setting Your System Date, Time, and Time Zone Correctly. Do this on each host that will be a cluster node.
- Downloading the Delivery Package. Do this once. Save the package to a location that is accessible to all hosts that will be cluster nodes.
- Creating or Updating a Connector Database on your Database Server Instance. Ensure that the database is accessible to all hosts that will be cluster nodes.
- Creating the Connector Folders. These are the optional folders where the Connector stores your licensing information and your translation data. If your environment will use these folders, then create one set of folders and sub-folders on each host that will be a cluster node.
Recommendation: These folders should not be shared folders.