You can instruct the Connector to globally collect content from Blueprint pages using the Pickup Content from Blueprint Pages CRX setting in CRXDE Lite.
Note: When this feature is enabled, the Connector synchronizes non-translatable properties, such as images, from a locked component.
How the Pickup Content From Blueprint Pages setting interacts with other related settings
- This setting is available only when the Select if using Blueprint/Live-copy check box is selected.
- If this setting is specified, the Connector always acts as though the Translate Non-Sync'd Components on this page check box is not selected, even if it is selected. This occurs because only content from locked components is rolled out from Blueprint pages to live copy pages:
- In general, during MSM rollout, content from Blueprint pages overwrites the content of locked components in live copy pages. The Connector retrieves content from the live copy pages and sends it out for translation. Until the translation returns, the live copy page has the un-localized content from the Blueprint page.
- However, if there is no MSM rollout or if there is a custom rollout configuration that excludes copying over the content, then the content from the Blueprint page does not overwrite the content of the locked components in the live copy page. Live copy pages may contain the old version of localized content.
In both scenarios, the Connector returns the translated content to the live copy page.
- The PickupContentFromBlueprintPages_LockedOnly page option in CRXDE Lite enables the Connector to read properties of Blueprint pages for locked components of live-copy pages when the PickupContentFromBlueprintPages option is set to true. This setting enables collecting content for translation from locked components.
For descriptions of all the related settings, see UI and Default Settings.
To enable the Pickup Content From Blueprint Pages setting:
- Do one of the following to open CRXDE Lite:
- In the Touch-Optimized UI of Adobe Experience Manager, click Tools in the Adobe Experience Manager rail. Then, in the Navigation page, click CRXDE Lite.
- In the Classic UI of Adobe Experience Manager, click CRXDE Lite in the right pane.
- In your Web browser, navigate to /crx/de/index.jsp on your Adobe Experience Manager instance.
CRXDE Lite opens.
- In the Explorer pane on the left, navigate to /etc/ctctranslation/PageOptions.
- Locate the PickupContentFromBlueprintPages property.
- Double-click in the Value column, and select true from the dropdown list.
The Pickup Content From Blueprint Pages setting is now enabled. This enables the Connector to collect content from locked components.
Note: To turn off this setting, repeat the previous steps, but in the last step, select false from the dropdown list.
- To force the Connector to collect content only from locked components, when the PickupContentFromBlueprintPages property is sent to true:
- In the same location, create a child note of type nt:unstructured and give it the following name: PickupContentFromBlueprintPages_LockedOnly.
- Add the following node properties: Name = Active, Type = Boolean, Value = True.
The Connector can now collect content for translation from locked components only.
- In the CRXDE Lite Menu, click Save All.