The Connector can use a search agent to collect pages for translation in the Bulk Translation wizard. The Connector installs the following pre-configured agents:
- Page agents:
- Get current page
- Get all children pages
- Get current page and all children pages
- Tag agent: Get current and child tags
- i18n-dictionary agent: Get i18n
You can create additional custom search agents to find any kind of content in your site for translation.
To make a custom search agent available to the Bulk Translation wizard:
- Write a search agent as a Java class and upload it.
This Java class should implement the PageSearchProcess interface. It should use the following method: public List<CollectedPage> collectPages4Translation(String searchRootPath, Session session, PageManager pageManager).
This requires the Connector for Adobe Experience Manager API, which includes sample code. To request this API, contact Lionbridge Connector Support, as described on How to Contact Lionbridge Connector Support.
- Upload the search agent you just created. You can do this either by including this in the Connector for Adobe Experience Manager package you install, or you can install it separately using the Apache Felix Web Console, which you access at /system/console/components on your Adobe Experience Manager instance.
- Click Admin Tools > Search Agents in the Lionbridge Connector rail to open the Search Agents page. For information on opening the Lionbridge Connector rail, see Configuring the Connector.
The Search Agents page opens, displaying the pre-configured agents.
- Click Add in the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Add a New Page Search Agent section, add the following information:
- Name: The name that will be displayed for the custom agent in the Search using agent dropdown list in the Bulk Translation wizard.
- Class: The Java class for the custom agent.
- Click Test.
A window opens where you enter an Adobe Experience Manager folder path. The Connector then calls the new agent class to search the path you entered. This tests whether the Connector can call the new agent and search successfully for pages.
- If the test is successful, click Add at the bottom-right corner of the page to add the custom agent to the user interface of the Bulk Translation wizard.