Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector (Connector) for Veeva Vault to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send Veeva Vault components for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving content for translation that resides in your Veeva Vault CMS. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content from your Veeva Vault CMS, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Veeva Vault.
- The Lionbridge Connector for Veeva Vault (Connector) has been implemented, configured, and tested on your Veeva Vault CMS.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Content API Platform to send content to your translation providers.
If Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, it assumes that Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your Veeva Vault CMS, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the Veeva Vault Content Editor.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Veeva Vault.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Veeva Vault administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Connector for Veeva Vault||A brief description of the Lionbridge Connector for Adobe Experience Manager solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Submitting Documents for Translation||How to use the Lionbridge Connector for Veeva Vault to send documents for translation.|
|Reviewing Translated Document||How to approve or reject the translated target document received.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for Veeva Vault
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for Veeva Vault, read the Lionbridge Connector for Veeva Vault Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Admin Tools > Configuration.”|