Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore (“Connector”) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send Sitecore items for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving content for translation that resides in your Sitecore CMS. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content from your Sitecore CMS, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Sitecore.
- The Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore (“Connector”) has been implemented, configured, and tested on your Sitecore CMS.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send content to your translation providers.
If Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, it assumes that Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for your Sitecore CMS, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the Sitecore Content Editor.
- You are familiar with the basic concepts of the Sitecore Workflow features. This is crucial, because workflow is a core concept required to use the Connector.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Sitecore.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Sitecore administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore||A brief description of the connector solution for Sitecore and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore interface and key features.|
|Creating Content for Translation||How to create, adapt, and filter Sitecore content so that you can send it out for translation using the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore.|
|Sending Content to Translation||How to use the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore to send out content for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of content that you sent out for translation.|
|Reviewing Translated Content||How to review and publish translated content after it automatically returns from the translation provider to the Sitecore CMS.|
|Post-Translation Features||How to perform post-translation tasks, including synchronizing translations, requesting a translation correction, updating a remote TM (translation memory) server, and clearing the translation backup data.|
How to find out more about Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore, read the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms to emphasize, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Sitecore Desktop > All Applications > Lionbridge Translation > Translation Filter.”|