Setting Translation Options
After clicking Next in the Excluding Item(s) page of the Bulk Translation wizard, the Translation Options page opens.
In the Translation Options page of the wizard, you can assign a workflow to items without a workflow, set the workflow state for the content items you are sending to translation, send only changed content fields for translation, and decide whether to immediately send the content item out for translation, send it to the Translation Queue first, or copy the source content to the target version without translating it. You can set the following options:
|Assign Translation Workflow to items with no workflow defined?||You can attach a translation workflow to the content items you send out for translation, and you can set the workflow state for those items. This is recommended because it helps manage those items later, especially in the workbox.
Tip: If you initially send out your entire site for translation before setting up workflow, do not set the bulk items to an initial workflow state.
Note: Depending on your company’s configuration, you may not be able to send out content items for translation unless they are attached to a translation workflow. You can change this configuration with the ClayTablet.PreventSentingItemsWithoutWorkflow setting in the CT3Translation.config file. For details, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
Note: By default, the translation workflow is the Lionbridge Sample Workflow. You can set the default workflow or workflow state using the ClayTablet.StateToAssignInBulkTranslation setting in the CT3Translation.config file. For details, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
* To assign the translation workflow or workflow state to any content items without a workflow assigned, select this check box.
* To proceed with the translation process without assigning a translation workflow or workflow state to content items without a workflow, clear this check box.
**With state**: If you select this check box, you select the workflow state to apply to all source content items that previously did not have a translation workflow assigned. For a list and description of workflow states, see Workflow States.
|SEO Fields||Select the check boxes for the types of content to send out for translation.
* **Send SEO fields**: The Connector sends fields defined in the **SEO Fields** section of the Lionbridge Connector Settings item for translation. Cleared by default.
* **Send standard fields**: The Connector sends the fields specified by the **Field Types Need Translation** parameter in the **Bulk Translation** section of the /sitecore/system/Settings/Lionbridge Settings/Lionbridge Connector Settings/ item. Selected by default.
For more information, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
**Note**: This section may not be available, depending on your company’s configuration. For detailed configuration instructions, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
|Use Local TM: Only send fields with changed content. Unchanged fields will have the original translation automatically copied to the target version.||Determines whether to check each field of the source version for any content changes, and send only changed content fields out for translation. If a field was previously translated and it has not changed, then the Connector does not send it for translation again: Instead, it uses the stored translation.
* When this check box is selected, the Connector sends only changed content fields out for translation. This may reduce translation costs, but it increases the processing time before the Connector sends out the items for translation.
* When this check box is cleared, the Connector sends all specified source content for translation, even if it has not changed since it was previously sent for translation.
**Note:** If the **Use Local TM** feature is enabled, the Connector checks each field of the source version for any content changes, and it sends only changed content fields out for translation, to ensure that all target versions reflect these changes. This option may also not be available based your company’s Connector configuration. For details, refer to the description of the Use Local TM setting in the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
**Note**: This option may not be available, depending your company’s configuration. For detailed configuration instructions, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
|Select one of the following Send To Options:|
|Send items to translation queue||The Connector sends the content items to the Translation Queue, where a user must approve them to send them out for translation.
Recommendation: Select this option if you want to use the Translation Queue to batch together many items for translation into many target languages, but then only immediately send out those items for translation into a single language.
|Send items to translation provider||The Connector sends the content items to the Clay Tablet Platform, which sends it to the translation provider specified in the company’s routing rules. The Connector displays additional fields below, where you can specify additional information.
Recommendation: Select this option if you need to quickly send out content and do not need to arrange or filter it, for example, by language.
* **Job Name**:Your name for this translation job.
* **Translation Provider**: If your company has multiple translation providers, and if your company’s Connector configuration enables selecting the translation provider (instead of using automatic routing rules), you can select the provider in the dropdown list.
* **Delivery Date**: The requested translation deadline. This is the date when you expect the translated content to return. By default, it is two weeks from the current date. To select a different date, either type the delivery date in the field in MM/DD/YYYY format, or click the arrow and select a different date in the calendar that opens. This information is sent to the translation provider as metadata of the translation package.
**Note**: The default displayed date is based on your company’s Connector configuration.
**Recommendation**: Discuss with your translation provider whether to use the information in this field.
* **PO Reference**: The purchase order reference number. You can select a number from the list or enter a number. This field may be mandatory, depending on your translation-provider configuration.
* **Special Instruction**: Any additional instructions for Lionbridge Freeway. Displayed only if Lionbridge Freeway is selected in the Translation Provider box, above.
* **Analysis Code**: The analysis codes for the translation. Displayed only if:
* Lionbridge Freeway is selected in the **Translation Provider** box, above.
* The Connector is configured to display these fields.
You specify the analysis codes that are relevant to your content. Your Lionbridge setup determines which analysis codes are available for you to specify, and the values available for selection for each analysis code. For example, the Region, Department, and Priority analysis codes may be available for you to specify.
* **Description**: A description of the translation job, including any special instructions or requests. Displayed only if a translation provider other than Freeway is selected in the **Send to** box, above.
* **Send for Quote**: Select this check box to inform the translation provider that you want to receive a quote before the translation process starts. Displayed only if supported for the selected translation provider and enabled in your Connector installation.
|Copy source to target only||The Connector copies the source content to the target content item without sending it out for translation. This is useful when there is content that you do not want to translate, but that you want to include in the target version. The Connector displays an additional field below, where you specify the job name.
* **Job Name**: Your name for this job.
- When you are done, click Next.
The Summary Report page of the wizard opens. For detailed instructions, see Reviewing and Submitting Content Items for Translation.