Configuring Your License ID and New Translation Providers
- Your company’s license ID is your company’s license for the Clay Tablet Platform.
Important: If you do not install the license ID, the Connector will run. However, an Upgrade button will be displayed in the Lionbridge Translation tab in the Sitecore Content Editor ribbon, and many user interfaces will display errors.
- The Connector uses account keys to control communicate with translation providers. If you are using multiple translation providers, you require one account key for each provider.
Very important: Do not use the same account keys on multiple instances, because this is a violation of the License Agreement. Using the same account keys on multiple instances will cause the Connector to behave unexpectedly, which can result in lost translation content, orphaned projects, and inaccurate translation status reports. The Lionbridge Connector team will support technical issues caused by duplicating or incorrectly installing CMS address keys only on a time and materials basis.
Before you can send assets for translation, you must set up your license ID and configure your translation providers with account keys.
Important: Before starting, ensure you obtain your license ID and account keys from the Lionbridge Connector team. Verify that the Lionbridge Connector team has set up your account keys for each of your translation providers.
Note: If you are upgrading from the Connector version 3.x to version 4.x, you must upgrade your translation provider configurations. For detailed instructions, see Upgrading Account Keys for Current Translation Providers.
To configure your license ID and new translation providers:
- In the Content Editor, in the content tree, navigate to /sitecore/system/Settings/Lionbridge Settings/Translation Providers Configuration.
Tip: To open this page, click the License button in the Lionbridge Translation tab in the Sitecore Content Editor. This button is available only if you have not configured your license ID or at least one translation provider.
The Provider tab opens.
- In the License ID field, enter the license ID from your delivery package. The license ID is in the following location: <Delivery Package/Lionbridge License ID/License_ID.txt>. Then click Set.
- Scroll down to the New provider section.
Note: If there are translation provider configurations that require upgrading from the Connector version 3.x to version 4.x, both the New tab and the Upgrade tab are displayed in the New provider section. Ensure that for a new translation provider configuration, the New tab is selected. For detailed instructions on upgrading a translation provider configuration from the Connector version 3.x to version 4.x, see Upgrading Account Keys for Current Translation Providers.
- In this section, enter the following information about your translation provider:
|Name||Enter your name for the translation provider. If you configure multiple translation providers, this is the name that will be displayed when selecting a translation provider while sending out content for translation.|
|Type||Select the type of translation provider. This supports sending translation metadata to specific translation providers. If you do not see your translation provider, select Generic. If you select Freeway, additional fields are displayed, as described in the following steps.|
|Account key||Select the account key for the translation provider. There is one account key for each of your translation providers, as specified by your license ID. Installing your license automatically downloads your account keys.
Note: Only unused keys are available for selection. To view the keys that are already in use, click the Keys already used link below.
|Supports quoting||If this translation provider supports providing quotes before the translation process starts, and you want to enable users to request a quote before sending content for translation, select this check box.
Important: The Request Quote feature is available only when sending content for translation to a translation provider (LSP) that supports this feature.
When enabled, this feature displays the Send for Quote check box in:
* the **Bulk Translation** wizard
* the **Automatic Item** export for translation dialog box
* the **Send Items Out for Translation** dialog box, which opens from Translation Queue
Selecting the **Send for Quote** check box informs the translation provider that you want to receive a quote before the translation process starts.
|PO Required||You can configure this translation provider so that the PO Reference field is required when submitting content for translation to this provider.|
- If you selected Freeway as the translation provider Type, in the previous step, the New provider section expands, and the following additional fields are displayed in the Freeway provider details sub-section:
a. Enter the following information:
|User||The username for logging into the Lionbridge Freeway server.|
|Password||The password for logging into the Lionbridge Freeway server.|
|API Auth URL||Optional. The URI where the Connector receives an authentication token for Lionbridge Freeway. This is
|API Service URL||Optional. The URI where the Connector can request a list of Lionbridge Freeway analysis codes. This is
|Analysis codes visibility||Optional. Each check box indicates whether to display the corresponding analysis-code field to users when they send out content for translation to Lionbridge Freeway.
* **Require Value 1:** If this check box is selected, the first analysis code configured for your company (for example, region) must be displayed to users when sending content to Freeway.
* **Require Value 2:** If this check box is selected, the second analysis code configured for your company (for example, department) must be displayed to users when sending content to Freeway.
* **Require Value 3:** If this check box is selected, the third analysis code configured for your company (for example, priority) must be displayed to users when sending content to Freeway.
**Warning:** This configuration is required for full integration between the Connector and Freeway. Otherwise, the Connector cannot retrieve and display analysis code options, and the user cannot specify analysis codes for projects submitted to Freeway. However, even without this configuration, the Connector can still send submitted content to Freeway.
b. Click Test to test your Freeway settings.
Warning: This configuration is required for full integration between the Connector and Freeway. Otherwise, the Connector cannot retrieve and display analysis code options, and the user cannot specify analysis codes for projects submitted to Freeway. However, even without this configuration, the Connector can still send submitted content to Freeway.
Click Add Provider.
Repeat the previous steps for any additional translation providers to add.
Note: The list at the top of the section displays the name, type, quotation-support status and key of all configured providers. To remove a translation provider, select the corresponding row in the table, and then click Remove.