Using Custom Logic to Override Default Publishing Behavior
2 minute read
You can use custom logic to override default publishing behavior by:
- creating a custom class to perform the desired publishing behavior
- in the Lionbridge Sample Workflow item, pointing to the custom class and the library with the corresponding .DLL file
For example, you can use the Sitecore Publishing Service instead of the native Sitecore Publisher. Alternatively you can modify the levels of child and related items published when using the auto-publish feature. To use this feature, select the Automatically Publish content when it reaches the Final State check box in the sitecore/System/Workflows/Lionbridge Sample Workflow or your designated translation workflow. For detailed instructions, see Configuring the Translation Workflow.
To use custom logic to override default publishing behavior:
- Create a custom class to perform the desired publishing behavior.
- In the Content Editor, in the content tree, navigate to /sitecore/System/Workflows/Lionbridge Sample Workflow/.
- Click the Lionbridge Sample Workflow item to select it and open it in the content area.
- Scroll down to the LionbridgeTranslation section.
- Scroll down to the Custom Publish Library field.
- In the Custom Publish Library field, enter:
- path_to_library is the path to the .DLL file.
- full_name_of_class is the class name with full namespace.
Note: If the Custom Publish Library field is blank, the Connector uses the default publishing behavior.
- Click the Save button in the top-left corner to save your changes.