Using this Guide
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Connector (“Connector”) for SAP Commerce to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out localized strings in certain business objects for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving business objects for translation. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive business objects from your Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud installation, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud.
- The Connector has been installed, configured, and tested on your Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud instance.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Lionbridge Content API Platform to send localized strings in certain business objects to your translation providers.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Connector’s configuration for Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud, particularly the following modules:
- Hybris Backoffice
- Hybris Product Cockpit and/or Hybris WCMS Cockpit (Hybris versions 6.1 to 6.6 only)
- SAP Commerce or SAP Commerce Cloud Administration Cockpit
- You have valid user credentials to log into the Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud modules listed above.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have the required permissions to access the Connector functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Connector setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce||A brief description of the Lionbridge Connector solution for Hybris, SAP Commerce, or SAP Commerce Cloud and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce||How to get started and an overview of the Connector interface and key features.|
|Sending Content for Translation||How to send out content for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of content items and translation jobs.|
|Viewing Translated Content||How to view translated content.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce, read the Lionbridge Connector for SAP Commerce Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Catalog > Products.”|