Using this Guide
3 minute read
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge Cartridge (Cartridge) for Salesforce Commerce Cloud to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send Commerce Cloud components for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving content for translation that resides in your Salesforce Commerce Cloud. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content from your Salesforce Commerce Cloud, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already has a functioning instance of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- The Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud has been implemented, configured, and tested on your Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send content to your translation providers.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Cartridge’s configuration for your Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- You have the required permissions to access the Cartridge functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Cartridge setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Salesforce Commerce Cloud administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud||A brief description of the Clay Tablet for Salesforce Commerce Cloud solution and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Clay Tablet Technologies Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud interface and key features.|
|Sending Content for Translation||How to use the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud to send out content for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Jobs||How to monitor the translation status of content that you sent out for translation.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
For information on installing and configuring the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud, read the Lionbridge Cartridge for Salesforce Commerce Cloud Installation and Configuration Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select Admin Tools > Configuration.”|