Using this Guide
3 minute read
Purpose of this guide
This guide describes how to use the Lionbridge App for Marketo (Lionbridge App) to manage your translation lifecycle. It describes how to send out assets for translation and receive them back from translation.
Who should use this guide
This guide is intended for content editors, project, marketing, localization or translation managers, or others who are responsible for creating, editing, or approving assets for translation that reside in Marketo. This guide is also useful for translation providers who receive content for translation from Marketo, because it describes your company’s translation management process.
What your company setup should be
This document assumes that:
- Your company already is using Marketo.
- The Lionbridge App has been added, configured, and tested in your Marketo environment.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Lionbridge CloudBroker for your company to use the Lionbridge App to send out content for translation from Marketo.
- The Lionbridge Connector Team has set up the Clay Tablet Platform to send content to your translation providers.
- Optional. If Lionbridge is your company’s translation provider, then Freeway is already set up for your company.
What you should already know
This document assumes that:
- You are familiar with the Lionbridge App’s configuration for Marketo, and the reasons for choosing certain configuration options. This is important because your company’s configuration determines which features are available.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Marketo.
- You are familiar with your company’s translation process and requirements.
- You have valid user credentials to log into Marketo.
- You have valid user credentials to access the Lionbridge App functionality described in this guide.
Note: Not all the features described in this guide may be available. Feature availability depends on both your company’s Lionbridge App setup and the roles to which you are assigned. If you cannot access functionality that you need, contact your company’s Marketo administrator.
How this guide is organized
This guide contains the following chapters:
|Welcome to the Lionbridge App for Marketo||A brief description of the Clay Tablet solution for Marketo and how it fits into the translation lifecycle. It also includes information about this guide and Lionbridge Connector Support contact information.|
|Getting Started with the Lionbridge App for Marketo||How to get started and an overview of the Lionbridge App interface.|
|Preparing Emails for Translation||How to add segmentation to emails within Marketo.|
|Collecting Assets for Translation||How to collect Marketo assets for translation.|
|Sending Assets for Translation||How to send out collected Marketo assets for translation.|
|Monitoring Translation Status||How to monitor the translation status of assets and jobs that you sent out for translation, including archiving completed translation jobs.|
|Reviewing Translated Content||How to view translated assets.|
How to find out more about the Lionbridge App for Marketo
For information on setting up the Lionbridge App for Marketo, read the Lionbridge App for Marketo Setup Guide.
This guide uses the following conventions:
|Bold||Highlights screen elements such as buttons, menu items, and fields.|
|Courier||Highlights input, file names, and paths.|
|Italics||Highlights terms for emphasis, variables, or document titles.|
|>||Indicates a menu choice. For example, “Select New > New Campaign Folder.”|