Configuring Language Mappings
3 minute read
You configure language mappings so that:
- The Lionbridge App correctly identifies the source and target languages of your content.
- The Lionbridge App displays languages in the optimal order for your end users.
Important: After you configure language mappings, you create a Marketo segmentation so that you can map Marketo segments to Clay Tablet languages and language codes. For detailed instructions, see Configuring Language Segmentation.
To configure language mappings:
In the Site Administration menu on the left, ensure that My Site is selected, so that the My Site page is open. This is the default selection when you log into CloudBroker as a site administrator. For detailed information about this page, see Viewing Lionbridge App Information and Usage Data.
Click Map Languages.
The Language Mapping dialog box opens.
- The top-left corner of the dialog box displays the number of mappings between Marketo languages and Clay Tablet languages.
- The top-right corner of the dialog box displays the name that Lionbridge Connector personnel assigned to your company’s site.
By default, CloudBroker includes predefined mappings between language names and codes, and Clay Tablet language codes.
You can modify or delete the current mappings and add new mappings. The following information is displayed about each language mapping:
|Language Name||The name for the language.|
|Code||The language’s code.|
|CT Language||The Clay Tablet language code for the language. For a list and description of Clay Tablet language codes, see Appendix: Language Codes.|
|Form Locale||The form locale specified for the language in Marketo in the Marketing Activities area, under Form Settings > Settings. For more information refer to the Marketo Product Docs, available at http://docs.marketo.com/.|
- You can modify the following aspects of a language mapping:
- To map a language to a different Clay Tablet language code, select a language from the dropdown list in the CT Language column.
- To change the order in which a language is displayed to your users when they send out content for translation, use the up and down buttons.
- To remove a language mapping, click the corresponding delete button .
Note: Remove a language mapping does not affect any translation jobs in progress that use that mapping.
Optional. To add a new language mapping, click Add. The Lionbridge App adds a blank line at the bottom of the list. Enter the language name and ISO code, and select the corresponding Clay Tablet language code from the list.
When you are done, click Save to save your changes.
Next, you configure language segmentation to map language segments to these languages and language codes. For details, see Configuring Language Segmentation.