Configuring Lionbridge Freeway Settings
In the Other settings tab, you can configure Lionbridge Freeway-specific settings.
To configure settings for integration with Lionbridge Freeway:
- In the bottom-right corner of the Lionbridge Connector gadget in the right pane, click the Settings icon , and then select Settings](#) from the context menu.
- Click the Other settings](#) tab.
- You can configure the following settings:
|Project Configuration||The name of a workflow configuration. There may be multiple workflow configurations for your translation provider (Lionbridge Freeway) that are set up by the Lionbridge Connector Team. For example, there may be one workflow for human translation and another configuration for machine translation.
* Click the icon to open a dialog box where you can create the name of a workflow configuration. Enter the name of the configuration in the **Name** field, and then click **Add**.
After setup by the Lionbridge Connector Team, this configuration will be available for selection in the **Project Configuration** dropdown list, which is displayed when creating or editing a translation project.
|Analysis Codes||The name of a Lionbridge Freeway analysis code.
* Click the icon to open a dialog box where you add an analysis code. Enter the name in the **Name** field and enter its value in the **Valu**e field, and then click **Add**.
These analysis codes will be available for selection in the **Analysis Codes** section that is displayed when creating or editing a translation project.
**Important:** You must contact your Lionbridge project manager to ensure that these analysis codes are in Freeway.
|Freeway Link||The link to the Lionbridge Freeway bundle ID. This will be provided by the Lionbridge Connector Team. There will be different links for staging and production environments.|
|Asset Link||Optional. You can customize the links displayed in the Link column in the Lionbridge Connector Dashboard to display a non-default domain. Enter the non-default domain, for example: http://example.com.
Recommendation: Configure this if in the Admin tab, on the Manage Websites page, the URL configured for the public website (front-end URL) is different than the domain of the environment (back-end URL). This may cause the Dashboard to display errors when loading, or prevent links from being displayed.
Episerver automatically saves your changes.