Running Workflows on Multiple Pages
You use the Run Workflows tab of the Globalization Tool to run workflows on multiple pages that you highlight in the page list in the Globalization Tool, including multiple language copies of those pages.
Note: In the Workflow Selections section of the Advanced Settings page, you configure which workflows are available for selection in the Run Workflows tab. For detailed configuration instructions, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Adobe Experience Manager Installation and Configuration Guide.
To run workflows on multiple pages:
- In the Globalization Tool, display and highlight the pages on which you want to run workflows. For detailed instructions, see Performing Actions on Multiple Pages and Digital Assets.
- To highlight a page, click in the corresponding row.
Note: Do not click the actual path in the Path column, because that is a link to the page.
- To highlight multiple adjacent pages, press and hold the Shift key.
- To highlight multiple non-adjacent pages, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- To highlight all the pages in the list, click Highlight All.
- To remove the highlight of all the pages in the list, click Remove Highlighted.
- To update the numbers of selected pages, highlighted pages, and total pages at the top-left corner of the list, click Re-Count.
- The number after the check box displays the number of selected pages.
- The number after the highlight displays the number of highlighted pages.
- The number after the slash ( / ) displays the total number of pages.
Important: Ensure that you highlight the pages in the list, instead of selecting the check boxes.
- In the bottom of the Globalization Tool, click the Run Workflows tab.
- In the Select pages dropdown list, select one of the following:
- Highlighted pages for languages: The Connector will run the selected workflow on the highlighted pages for the corresponding language copies of those pages. You specify the languages in the section below the list. All source and target languages defined for your team profile are displayed in this list.
- Highlighted pages only: The Connector will run the selected workflow on the highlighted pages.
- In the section below the Select pages dropdown list, select the language copies of the highlighted pages on which the Connector will run the selected workflow. This is relevant only if you selected Highlighted pages for languages from the Select pages dropdown list.
- To select multiple adjacent languages, press and hold the Shift key.
- To select multiple non-adjacent languages, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- In the Run Workflow section, you select the workflow to run from the Select workflow to start dropdown list. When you select a workflow in the list, its description is displayed below.
Note: By default, no workflows are configured for selection. You must configure these workflows in the Workflow Selections section of the Advanced Settings page. For detailed instructions, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Adobe Experience Manager Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Click Start workflow.
The Submit a new task dialog box opens.
Running the workflow will be displayed as a task on the Backend Tasks page.
- Define the parameters for this task:
|Priority||The priority level for this task. This is one of the following:
* Normal: The Connector executes this task with normal priority.
* Urgent: The Connector executes this task before executing tasks with Normal priority.
* Wait for approval: This task must be approved before the Connector executes it.
|Task Name||The name of the task, as it will be displayed on the Backend Tasks page.|
|Notification||To receive an email notification when the task is executed, select the Need email notification check box.|
|Email addresses||If you selected the Need email notification check box, described above, enter the email addresses that will receive a notification when the task is executed.|
- Click Submit.
A message box states that the task has been saved.
- Click OK to close the message box.
You can view your task on the Backend Tasks page, which you open by clicking Tasks in the Lionbridge Connector rail. If the task requires approval before the report is generated, you can approve it there. For detailed instructions, see Managing Tasks and Accessing Reports.