Activating Multiple Pages
You use the Activation tab of the Globalization Tool to perform the same action on multiple pages that you highlight in the list in the Globalization Tool, including multiple language copies of those items. You can perform the following types of actions:
- activate pages
- deactivate pages
- set future activation date of pages
- lock pages
- unlock pages
- create a new version of pages
- delete pages and the corresponding translated pages
- import page content from XML
- export page content to XML
To perform actions on multiple pages:
- In the Globalization Tool, display and highlight the pages on which you want to perform the actions. For detailed instructions, see Performing Actions on Multiple Pages and Digital Assets.
- To highlight a page, click in the corresponding row.
Note: Do not click the actual path in the Path column, because that is a link to the page.
- To highlight multiple adjacent pages, press and hold the Shift key.
- To highlight multiple non-adjacent pages, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- To highlight all the pages in the list, click Highlight All.
- To remove the highlight all the pages in the list, click Remove Highlighted.
- To update the numbers of selected, highlighted, and total pages at the top-left corner of the list, click Re-Count.
- The number after the check box displays the number of selected pages.
- The number after the highlight displays the number of highlighted pages.
- The number after the slash ( / ) displays the total number of pages.
Important: Ensure that you highlight the pages in the list, instead of selecting the check boxes.
- In the bottom of the Globalization Tool, click the Activation tab.
- In the dropdown list at the top of the page, select one of the following:
- Highlighted pages for languages: The Connector will perform the action on the highlighted pages in the languages selected in the section below the dropdown list. All source and target languages defined for your team profile are displayed in this list.
- Highlighted pages only: The Connector will perform the action on the highlighted pages.
- In the section below the dropdown list, select the language copies of the highlighted pages on which you will perform the action. This is relevant only if Highlighted pages for languages was selected in the dropdown list, as described in the previous step.
- To select multiple adjacent languages, press and hold the Shift key.
- To select multiple non-adjacent languages, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Do one of the following to specify which action to perform:
To activate the specified pages, in the Activate/Deactivate section, click Activate.
To deactivate the specified pages, in the Activate/Deactivate section, click Deactivate.
To set the future activation date of the specified pages, in the Activate Later section: a. Click in the Activation Date field and select the activation date in the calendar that opens. b. In the adjacent dropdown list, select the activation time. c. Click Activate Later.
To lock the specified pages, in the Page Lock/Unlock section, click Lock.
To unlock the specified pages, in the Page Lock/Unlock section, click Unlock.
To create a new version for the specified pages, in the Versioning section, click Create new version.
To delete the specified pages, in the Page Deletion section, click Delete highlighted pages and their translated pages.
To export page content for the specified pages to XML, on the right side of the tab, select the languages for the language copies of the pages to export, and then click Export XML.
To import page content for the specified pages from XML, on the right side of the tab, select the languages for the language copies of the pages to import, and then click Import XML.
- Click Update.
The Submit a new task dialog box opens.
The action will be displayed as a task on the Backend Tasks page.
- Define the parameters for this task:
|Priority||The priority level for this task. This is one of the following:
* Normal: The Connector executes this task with normal priority.
* Urgent: The Connector executes this task before executing tasks with Normal priority.
* Wait for approval: This task must be approved before the Connector executes it.
|Task Name||The name of the task, as it will be displayed on the Backend Tasks page.|
|Notification||To receive an email notification when the task is executed, select the Need email notification check box.|
|Email addresses||If you selected the Need email notification check box, described above, enter the email addresses that will receive a notification when the task is executed.|
- Click Submit.
A message box states that the task has been saved.
- Click OK to close the message box.
You can view your task on the Backend Tasks page, which you open by clicking Tasks in the Lionbridge Connector rail. If the task requires approval before the report is generated, you can approve it there. For detailed instructions, see Managing Tasks and Accessing Reports.