You configure the Connector for Adobe Experience Manager mostly via the Lionbridge Connector rail, as described below.
Log in to Adobe Experience Manager with the admin account to start configuring the Connector.
Do one of the following:
- In the Touch-Optimized UI of Adobe Experience Manager, click the Tools icon and then click Lionbridge Connector in the Adobe Experience Manager rail. (This opens the Connector in a new browser tab.)
- In the Classic UI of Adobe Experience Manager, scroll down and click Lionbridge Connector in the right pane.
- In your Web browser, navigate to /content/ctctranslation/status.html on your Adobe Experience Manager instance.
The Translation Status page opens.
(This is the Drop-down text)
- In the Lionbridge Connector rail, click Admin Tools.
This displays the Admin Tools menu options. You can perform most Connector configuration changes using these tools.
Note: After the Connector is installed, you must start configuring the Connector by selecting Admin Tools > Configuration. If you do not begin with this, subsequent configuration options will not be available. For details, see Configuring Connector Global Settings.
The following menu options are available:
|Menu Option||Purpose||For Details, See…|
|Configuration||Configure Connector global settings, including translation options.||Configuring Connector Global Settings|
|Language Mapping||Configure the language branches in the Web site structure where the Connector returns translated content, and configure the language lists displayed in Sidekick and the Bulk Translation wizard.||Configuring Connector Languages|
|Component Mapping||Configure the types of components and fields that the Connector can send out for translation when you send out content for translation.||Configuring which Components and Properties to Send Out for Translation|
|LSP and Keys||Configure the translation provider and the license keys. Migrate license keys to the new license server.||Configuring Translation Providers and License Keys|
- a page property for storing custom translation-status values for translated pages
- which metadata is available for copying and translation (from the Globalization Tool)
- which DAM (digital-asset) metadata is available for updating (from the Globalization Tool)
- SEO flags to include in the XML translation files
- which fields are available to generate the Field Report (from the Globalization Tool)
- which workflows are available to run on multiple pages (from the Globalization Tool)
- which user group has permission to perform specific actions in the Globalization Tool
|Configuring Advanced Settings in the User Interface|
|Team Profiles||Define sets of Connector users who are allowed to send content out for translation from the specified source languages, to the specified source languages, using the specified translation providers.||Configuring Team Profiles|
|Search Agents||Configure search agents to collect pages for translation in the Bulk Translation wizard.||Configuring Connector Search Agents|
|Schedule translation jobs that send out content for translation from the Translation Queue.||Scheduling Translation Jobs to Send Out Content from the Translation Queue|
|TMS GUID Config||Configure the TMS GUID (global unique identifier), which is required for the following features when using the SDL TMS Add-On for the Connector:
- supporting multiple configurations for SDL TMS
- viewing custom translation-status values for SDL TMS when viewing job status in the Translation Status page
|Installing the Add-On for SDL TMS|
|Help||Open the home page of the Connector documentation (http://connectors.lionbridge.com/docs/Online_Help_Only/Product_Pages/AEM.htm) in a new Web browser tab.||N/A|
- The following additional configuration steps are optional:
|Configuration||For Details, See…|
|Subscribe to receive email notifications when new components are added to your site or when previously deleted components are added back. This is useful if you are planning to add new components in the future.||Subscribing to Email Notifications about New Fields and Components|
|When using the Connector’s add-ons for Lionbridge Freeway or SDL TMS, you can configure content encryption and decryption.||Configuring Content Encryption and Decryption (Lionbridge Freeway and SDL TMS only)|
|Configure Adobe Experience Manager user permissions for translation users.||Configuring Adobe Experience Manager User Permissions for Translation Users|
|Configure the frequency that the Connector checks for processing, sending, and receiving translations.||Configuring the Service Components|
|Configure custom content types, using CRXDE Lite.||Configuring Custom Content Types|
|Configure the rollout feature.||Configuring the Rollout Feature|
|Configure content collection from Blueprint pages.||Enabling Content Collection from Blueprint Pages|
|Configure which content the Connector includes in TM (translation memory) updates.||Configuring the TMX to Include the Original Translation|
|Configure which properties to exclude from translation.||Excluding Properties from Translation|
|Configure all jobs to pause before the Connector sends them out for translation.||Configuring All Jobs to Pause|
|Configure the Connector to automatically listen to publish events and add published pages to the Translation Queue.||Configuring Catching Pages from Publish Events to the Translation Queue|
|Configure which properties of i18n dDictionary items and tags to collect for translation when using the Bulk Translation wizard.||Configuring which Properties of i18n Dictionary Items and Tags to Collect for Translation|
|Configure the translation settings for digital assets.||Configuring Translation Settings for Digital Assets|
|Create a custom asset handler that modifies the translation settings of specific asset types.||Creating a Custom Asset Handler|