Important: Before installing the Connector, back up the inRiver PIM databases.
To install the Connector:
- Use SQL Server's installation package to restore the database backups.
The Connector uses the following databases to store translation data:
|Lionbridge.Pim.Adapter||stores information about translation information|
|Lionbridge.Pim.Adapter.Job||stores information about the scheduled jobs that send and receive information from the Clay Tablet Platform|
Note: You cannot use the Clay Tablet account with additional databases, since Clay Tablet communication is message based.
- Use IIS to create a website that to host the Connector administration features.
- Open Internet Information Manager (IIS) Manager.
- Right-click Sites and select Add Website from the context menu.
- In the Add Website dialog box, configure the website. Assign a name, and point it to the web site provided in the connector installation package. Add a hostname if needed.
- If the website does not start, then under Manage Website, click Start.
- Apply the correct permissions for the website .
- Under Browse Website, and click Browse to verify that the website is started and running.
Important: Make a note of the URL of the server. You will use this to configure the inRiver server.
For more information about setting up an IIS website, refer to : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/323972
- Configure the inRiver Rich Client.
- Place the following files in the inRiver Rich Client Extensions folder.
Note: In a default installation, this folder is C:\Program Files\inRiver AB\inRiver Rich Client\Extensions.
- Open inRiver.RichClient.exe.config in a text editor.
Note: In a default installation, this folder is C:\Program Files\inRiver AB\inRiver Rich Client.
- Add the contents of inRiverRichClient-configuration.config, in the installation package, to this file, so that it is displayed as follows:
For further instructions and a sample, refer to inRiverRichClient-configuration.config.
- Use the inRiver Model Tool to configure the inRiver server. This stores the Lionbridge Server URL, which enables communication between the inRiver Rich Client and the Lionbridge Server, which manages the communication with the Clay Tablet Platform.
- Open the inRiver Model Tool.
- In the Server Settings section, click Add.
- Enter the following values:
- Key: LIONBRIDGE_SERVER_URL.
- Value: The URL of the Lionbridge server.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- In the Lionbridge server, open web.Config for editing, and edit the following values in the connectionStrings section:
Change the address to the database server and the user. For example:
<add name="LionbridgeJob" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" connectionString="Data Source=your-database-server;Initial Catalog=Lionbridge.Pim.Adapter.Job;User ID=user id;Password=password" />