You are here: User Guides > Connector for Sitecore > Creating Content for Translation
Creating Content for Translation
- If you are sending a single content item for translation, it must have a translation workflow assigned.
- There are three ways to do this when you create a content item:
- Assign it to the sitecore/System/Templates/Lionbridge Settings/Lionbridge Workflow Config template. This template uses the translation workflow, which is contained in the sitecore/System/Workflows/Lionbridge Sample Workflow.
- Assign it to your own template. Ensure that your template uses the translation workflow, which is contained in the sitecore/System/Workflows/Lionbridge Sample Workflow.
- Assign it to your own template, which uses your own workflow. Ensure that the base template of your workflow is /sitecore/templates/System/Workflow/TranslationWorkflow. For detailed instructions, refer to the Lionbridge Connector for Sitecore Installation and Configuration Guide.
- If a content item was already created, but a translation workflow was not assigned to it, you must assign a translation workflow to that item. For details, see Attaching a Translation Workflow to an Existing Content Item.
- If you are sending multiple content items together using the Bulk Translation feature, you do not need to assign a translation workflow to individual content items. You can assign a translation workflow and assign a workflow state to all items without an assigned workflow. For details, see Sending Multiple Content Items for Translation.